PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Glasgow-4
Thread: Glasgow-4
View Single Post
Old 3rd Apr 2024, 19:47
GLAEDI

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Donkey497
Been nothing but BA adverts for fly to the world via Glasgow to LHR & LGW on Forth One radio at all hours for the past month, but as for services from Edinburgh to London and thence to the rest of the world-NADA.

I have to admit that I haven't been able to listen to Clyde One over the same period, but I doubt they'll be advertising flights tot he world from LHR & LGW via Edinburgh....

It kind of leads one to wonder if either the load factors out of GLA are tanking, or BA has just actually noticed that they do have customers north of Watford whose flights they usually bin at the first sign of an issue and are trying to curry favour, or BA have gone back to the '70's and are effectively trying to wipe anywhere except GLA & PIK off the service map....

Or, the simple explanation that BA advertising folks still just have no concept of geography outside the M25.
More likely as Forth, Clyde, West and Northsound are all Bauer Media, that GLA is paying for the adverts and Bauer is playing them across all of Scotland. I have heard KLM, Icelandair and Lufty being advertised on Bauer Media's various stations and it was obvious that GLA had paid for the advertising.