PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Light show between 40 and 30 West
View Single Post
Old 3rd Apr 2024, 16:34
Flarkey

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Another article has been posted about pilots who have seen 'UFOs' recently that are probably the starlink flares phenomenon.

https://www.dr.dk/nyheder/indland/da...n-over-tyrkiet (In danish)
Google Translate: https://www-dr-dk.translate.goog/nyh..._x_tr_pto=wapp

Danish pilot filmed inexplicable lights in the sky over Turkey

UFO sightings have become less taboo among pilots, says the podcast host.

On an evening flight from Turkey a few weeks ago, a Danish pilot saw a phenomenon in the sky that he still has difficulty explaining.

From his cockpit of the airliner, the pilot saw two very bright lights high above him. It looked like the two lights were chasing each other.

- It is some kind of dogfight (air duel, ed.) that is going on, he says.

- I just sit and look at it. My colleague can see it too and says: 'What is that?'

This is what the pilot Peter tells DR's podcast Flyvende platelle, which deals precisely with observations of UFOs - inexplicable flying objects.

He took out his iPhone and recorded the videos you can see in the article.

The video recordings only began about fifteen minutes after Peter had discovered the two lights. He therefore did not manage to capture the first part, which he describes as a kind of aerial duel.

The pilot does not want us to mention his surname or tell which company he flies for, for the sake of his employer, but DR knows his identity.

But in fact he is far from the only pilot who shares and talks about these kinds of experiences.

Fighter pilot cannot explain observation

Today, many more often use the term UAP - Unidentified Abnormal Phenomena - instead of ufo - Unidentified Flying Object.

It is considered more correct, as it is not known whether in all cases it is a question of flying objects.

Then the front one will be completely glowing red just like it has indicated. "Okay you got me".
PETER, DANISH PILOTThe former fighter pilot Søren Sørensen, who is a co-host on Flyvende platel, believes that it is important that pilots share their experiences and any recordings.

Nor can he explain the lights on the pilot Peter's recording.

He notices that the lights seem to be above the passenger plane's position at an altitude of 10-12 kilometers.

Even the most advanced aircraft that he knows of cannot maneuver like that at that altitude.

- It is very difficult to achieve with the technologies we know about today. I myself have been up at those heights with the F-16, and there the air is so thin that the engine does not produce very much horsepower, and the wings do not carry very much, he explains.

Writes off satellites and drones

Since drones are subject to the same physical conditions as planes, it is also not a likely explanation that it is someone like that that Peter filmed, explains Søren Sørensen.

The same applies to satellites, which are typically in a fixed orbit.

- They don't fly in a zigzag like that, says the former fighter pilot.

He also does not believe that some kind of glare from the cabin from which the video was filmed is a likely explanation.

- The pilots are used to that, and there will be such a mirror effect, just like when you look into a window, he says.

However, he emphasizes that he could be wrong and there could be explanations or technologies that he is not aware of.

YouTube video showing what looks like Starlink Satellites flaring near the horizon.