PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Cardiff-3
Thread: Cardiff-3
View Single Post
Old 3rd Apr 2024, 09:13
caaardiff

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by TOM100
Rigby (RCA) have shown at BOH, EXT and NWI what progressive and focused management can achieve in the post pandemic climate at small regional airports and Itheir aviation division makes a profit (albeit small at just under £3m in 2023). They have got Jet2 at BOH, growth at the other 2 airports. Again, I ask the WG to have a really hard look at the stagnant management team at CWL and show they want our national airport to thrive - it is possible with this kind of catchment and climate to grow but CWL just seems stuck in a big commercial rut. Something clearly isn’t working - I believe there is demand and TUI currently have a very nice commercial monopoly and can no doubt flex their yields nicely with their 3 a/c base. The airport can’t carry on as is and expect a different outcome.

i know this is an old debate but I don’t see anything changing and it is very frustrating. Who is holding the fire/burning platform under the management who must be very comfortable.
Questions do need to be asked why CWL is falling behind other Airports. But at the same time, are you completely forgetting that CWLs management in recent years have got Qatar Airways in, Wizz in, Loganair in to replace flybe to Edinburgh, Aer Lingus in to replace Flybe to Belfast, continued growth from TUI each year and continued growth from Ryanair?

Shouldn't those questions also be posed to Airlines? Historic demand has been there, why don't they think it's there now?