PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Network EBA
Thread: Network EBA
View Single Post
Old 2nd Apr 2024, 21:41
Skippy69

Received 16 Likes on 8 Posts
So a genuine question?

What happens if the FWC signs off on what the pilots believe to be sub par result- example being say 200k for a skipper and 150ish for an FO (very ballpark) salaries. The cohort arcs up and is still not happy, Alliance over in Perth can only take so many newcomers. So a lot of the Network people will be staying on disgruntled and unhappy right? And yes, its a fact that MOST Perth people don't like leaving Perth!

Its hard to go and have a sit-down chat with Fairwork to explain that when doing Pilbara runs that there are mining moron's (dumb dumb's/ drillers, labourers) and girls that do nothing more than clean a room and do camp stuff for 180k with nil prior investment into education or experience? Pilots on the other hand have considerable resources invested into themselves and by the company, stress of checks each year where by one's job is essentially on the line with Sim's and line checks and also some very fatiguing roster pairings.

Do I think that is fair- Nope.

So what happens if the FWC is also somehow linked to Qantas, say with perhaps some individuals on that committee having significant shareholding (50-150k or there abouts) or memberships at the prestigeous Chairmans Lounge sipping Claret with the likes of Penny Wong, Albo and his boy? Is this something that is vetted for a fair outcome?

I really want this to be a massive win for the Network workers as it sets an enormous precedence for the rest of the sector/ industry, but I think that there will be many sinister ploys at play here to restrict what the outcome will be. I think what Network/ Qantas management did with basically waiting out the workforce with nil pay on PIA on there behalf was well played- unconscionable- but a strong move (we all have bills to pay). It's like Ants against a kid with a magnifying glass, when he's bitten a few times he just crushes (or drowns) the ants and moves on.
The following users liked this post: