PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Flight Standards GA Ready Course
View Single Post
Old 2nd Apr 2024, 04:16
lucille

Received 115 Likes on 60 Posts
Originally Posted by Climb150
I remember not long ago doing some ICUS with a new person in Cairns. Tower asked us to follow the dash 8. I was then asked "which one is a dash 8?".

Next flight was told to follow the 717. Didn't know what that looked like either.

During this persons training they had never, done a fuel drain, put oil in the engine, signed the MR or fueled the plane by themselves. Apparently only instructors were allowed to do these things.

Some people need a lot more than a few hours in a 210.
Beggars belief that any aspiring commercial pilot not know what every other aircraft looks like. Weren’t we all avid plane spotters to some degree at some point in our careers?

“During this persons training they had never, done a fuel drain, put oil in the engine, signed the MR or fueled the plane by themselves. Apparently only instructors were allowed to do these things.”

Flight school probably sick and tired of this generation of entitled, honey badger clientele finds it easier to get an accountable employee to do the dirty work to make sure it’s done correctly. Cant say I blame them. And being unable to recognize a Dash 8 or a 717 pretty much puts them in that category. Ahh well, he or she is probably a gun hand at selfies and social media.

The following users liked this post: