PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Glen Buckley and Australian small business -V- CASA
Old 2nd Apr 2024, 04:11
glenb

Received 75 Likes on 37 Posts
Board response to Post # 2963, 2966

Post # 2963 I formally raised allegations of misconduct with the Board
Post # 2966 I sought clarification that Mr Aleck was not involved in the process of FOI requests.
Post #2975 I received an acknowledgement from the Board that a response would be forthcoming.

That response is below. It came via Pip Spence. Cheers.

Dear Mr Buckley

The Chair of the CASA Board, Air Chief Marshal (Retd) Mark Binskin AC, has asked me to forward to you his response to your recent emails: (from Pip Spence)

Dear Mr Buckley

Thank you for your two emails dated 20 and 22 March 2024.

Firstly, as I have previously assured you, the Board has a detailed understanding of your case. Further, the Board is satisfied that there is no risk to aviation safety in relation to the specific matters you have raised.

You may remember that when Ms Spence and I hosted a meeting with you and your wife in Canberra, I confirmed the Board’s understanding of your situation and personally apologised on behalf of the Board, and CASA more broadly, for the manner in which CASA had communicated and engaged with you some years ago.

As an outcome of that meeting, we offered a without prejudice ex gratia payment for damages that may have been caused by a 2019 email to you and a full commitment from us that we would support you with an application for an Act of Grace payment through the Commonwealth Department of Finance. I note that you are yet to respond to either of those offers.

In regard to the Minister and Government, it is your prerogative to approach them directly. Should you choose to do this, we would provide all required information.

In respect of other details in your email, CASA has fully supported an independent investigation by the Industry Complaints Commissioner and two independent investigations by the Office of the Commonwealth Ombudsman. Should you have new information relevant to those independent investigations we will continue to fully support and cooperate with any new investigation by them.

Should you choose to raise any matter with the Australian Federal Police, we commit to fully support and cooperate with any enquiries they may decide to take.

Finally, I can assure you that, as you have been advised on several occasions, Dr Aleck no longer has involvement in any of the processes or matters relating to you or the allegations you have raised.

Yours sincerely

Mark