PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Flight Standards GA Ready Course
View Single Post
Old 1st Apr 2024, 22:24
dr dre

Received 372 Likes on 204 Posts
Originally Posted by Global Aviator
My reference to check flight means, let’s go for a couple of circuits to see how you perform/ learn. Then we got into the real stuff if suitable.

Just like an airline interview sim, out of GA and into a 737/747/A320 Sim check ride, ya not expected to nail it, but you are expected to learn.

If a fresh CPL has the right attitude and willingness to learn then why would t you as a company invest time and money?

So blowing 5k on a GA ready course… As I said it’s as bad as that company charging for check flight/ interview flights!
Exactly. I’m not opposed to new hire pilots being taught the type of things this “GA Ready” course teaches, just that the cost should be covered by the employer, not the new hire pilot (especially with no employment guarantee).

It’s always been hard for a young fresh CPL grad to scrounge up enough money for anything so slapping more financial burden on them isn’t going to do any favours, especially given the current cost of living which disproportionately affects the asset poor youth.

The following 2 users liked this post by dr dre: