PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Problem with CFI, need help, please.
View Single Post
Old 1st Apr 2024, 21:34
EXDAC

Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts
Originally Posted by LAWings
He asked me to demonstrate the skills and procedures that i had learned at the previous school: takeoff, Vy climbout, pattern work, radio work with ATC (not my most comfortable skill, admittedly), pwr on/pwr off stalls, slow flight, steep turns, turns around a point, S turns, all of which he said "You certainly have no problems with your skills. I'm satisfied you can solo soon." And then we worked on a ton of touch and gos, night landings, crosswind landings, and I'm sure I'm leaving something out. A day or maybe two before the breakdown, he told me "You know you're going to make a good pilot, right?" It was a big day for me. This man is someone I respect, and not anyone to blow sunshine up your ass. I said "Yessir, I do know, but my opinion doesn't much matter. But your saying it means a great deal."
Sorry, but I still do not understand why you spent 20 hours demonstrating your skills to his satisfaction but he did not solo you. You must be missing something out.

Your idea that you will be a CFII in a year but have about 60 hours of instruction and not gone solo yet may be quite informative.