PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Problem with CFI, need help, please.
View Single Post
Old 1st Apr 2024, 21:29
LAWings

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Bosi72
/*
The problem was however, I did not know this at the time but I was one of his first, if not his first student. ( I feel a little foolish that I never thought to ask. He was with a very established school in this area and I went with their reputation without doing much background into the instructor himself.)
*/

I disagree that was the problem.
Every school has a Syllabus prescribed by the authority and instructor's job is to follow it and transfer the knowledge to the student. Solo standard for majority students is achieved around 15hours.

/*
After my hours kept adding up and i wasnt soloing,
*/

This is school's problem for not offering either another instructor, or advising that they cannot teach you.

/*
I began to wonder if he was trying to sort of figure out the process with me.
*/

Even experienced million hours instructor clearly struggled to figure out the process with you. Nothing wrong with young pilots wanting to progress to airlines.

Same as with University or any other educational institution, their job is to teach you, your job is to study and learn.
​​​​​
Lot's of things in aviation is about personal attitude, which I believe you have to work on.
​​​​​
​​​​
​​​​​
Yep. It sure seems so.

Others have suggested i start afresh with a new instructor, put myself in his hands completely. Is that your advice, also?