PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Problem with CFI, need help, please.
View Single Post
Old 1st Apr 2024, 19:47
LAWings

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by EXDAC
I picked this part out of your very long post. Exactly what were you doing in all the flights betweeen the first one with nine landings and accumulating 20 hours with this instructor?
He asked me to demonstrate the skills and procedures that i had learned at the previous school: takeoff, Vy climbout, pattern work, radio work with ATC (not my most comfortable skill, admittedly), pwr on/pwr off stalls, slow flight, steep turns, turns around a point, S turns, all of which he said "You certainly have no problems with your skills. I'm satisfied you can solo soon." And then we worked on a ton of touch and gos, night landings, crosswind landings, and I'm sure I'm leaving something out. A day or maybe two before the breakdown, he told me "You know you're going to make a good pilot, right?" It was a big day for me. This man is someone I respect, and not anyone to blow sunshine up your ass. I said "Yessir, I do know, but my opinion doesn't much matter. But your saying it means a great deal."

A day or two later the wheels fell off.

And listen... I'm sorry if my post is longer than some would have preferred. I'm trying to describe a potentially dangerous sitiation with details and also trying to describe as much as I can from his perspective also. Plus... every single person on this forum, and at my flight school, including the receptionist, knows more about flying than I do. I'm asking for help.

I didn't feel it was exactly fair to just come on here and say "Hey I've got this CFI who's an asshole. What should I do about it?" Because that's not any information at all.

I came of my own volition into a room full of CFIs who do this for a living, because I really want to diagnose and deal with this accurately, whether it's me, him, or both. I'm going to be a CFI or a CFII in about a year so I want to deal with it the best I can. And someday I may run into a student who's going to need help with something similar.