PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Cathay Roadshow Australia
View Single Post
Old 1st Apr 2024, 06:42
VforVENDETTA

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Progress Wanchai
But we’ve known that ever since 1999 when the A scalers were offered sign or be fired. Reinforced in 2001 when the 49ers were simply fired. Throw in the Adelaide instructors, the disregard of flight attendants contracts or the treatment of the engineers over the years.

But that didn’t stop you joining and rolling the dice gambling that it’d never happen to you. We all knew one day they’d come for us too.
Or did you think you were special?
Didn't think cathay would swallow a suicide pill. Going from one of the most experienced flight crew body if not the most, to truly laughable hiring standards and even with that they still cant find enough pilots to operate at 4 years ago levels. We all knew it would be a disaster for cathay, so didn't think they would cut their own wrist. They did. We were wrong. They sold cos99 so strongly during the interviews. Look at this pay and this benefits... these provisions. This first in last out...
Why would china want to kill the golden goose laying golden eggs (ie hk)? Hk won't change until the 50 year transition is up, long after you retire. Etc etc

They put on quite a show to attract talent. All lies. We all got tricked into thinking it was anything but a weak transitional job. Thats why all the future comers should know what theyre signing up for and act accordingly. If knowing the truth about cathay they still think its worth a try, then by all means. But even back then it took a month for us to realize the core culture of cathay is the culture of the lie. Everything cathay management says mist be considered a lie. Personally I fell in love with hk. So I learned to ignore the toxicity and cathay culture. This led me to decide to pass up opportunities to get back to my home country. I fooled myself and it didn't work out. Hence warning others now. And hk is far less than what it used to be on so many levels, so there goes that.

The point is, cathay is an employer without any credibility or sense of decency or sound business ackumen. If you are desparate enough to work for such a toxic employer, then go for it. At least you won't be stupid enough to walk in thinking it's a long term job.

Last edited by VforVENDETTA; 1st Apr 2024 at 06:54.