PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Bournemouth-5
Thread: Bournemouth-5
View Single Post
Old 1st Apr 2024, 05:55
rog747

Received 43 Likes on 23 Posts
Could BOH next summer actually park, and turnaround 6 or possibly 7 x 737-800's on the ramp at any one time ?
Can they actually accommodate that now >?
TIA.

I do not feel there have been that many hysterical and exaggerated comments here on the BOH thread.
OK, possibly one or two very over enthusiastic planespotter ones (lol) but on the whole it's a reasonably cordial debate.

It's all pretty good news for the Airport.
RCA now need to ensure that Ground Handling of all areas and aspects will be on full strength to meet the peaks next summer, and Jet2's arrival now puts TUI Holidays very much 'on point'.

The local Travel Agents that I have spoken to are all very excited in my area and they tell me that they have at last, got ''something different'' to sell to the customers.
Demand for holidays is strong despite the Economy, we live in a pretty affluent region, and many folk will now no longer have to go up to BRS or LGW.

As for a local Bus Service from Bournemouth Town Centre and the Interchange...
TBH and IMO I really do not think that most TUI and Jet2 Holidays passengers would be interested in lugging their bags onto a Bus for the airport, chugging through the back streets of town...
Most get dropped off, take a Taxi, or park their car and seem happy to do so.
The Drop Off Fee (Ok, we don't like it)
does help towards the Airport's costs, and the Car Park charges also do.
BOH Airport do offer discounts to prepay for your Parking.
The local Taxi firms get plenty of work.
Thus, frankly I cannot see a better bus link working for that many folk - But it could help some of the Airport Staff....
What does need to be improved are the access roads if coming from the A31 and the A338 in due course.

If I use the airport I get dropped off, or take a Taxi, as do all my friends and family.

Locally, EXT Exeter Airport is weak, with only TUI offering 'mirror image Packages' flying from there, with only one based 737 with no planned growth expected (TUI at EXT was to have increased to two aircraft pre-Pandemic).
Exeter are possibly at their lowest point in decades in offering Package Holidays.
Ryanair are flexing their muscles there however, as they are too from NQY Newquay.
Ryanair are very much prevalent now in the South and Southwest, at BOH, BRS, EXT and now NQY.

Last edited by rog747; 1st Apr 2024 at 06:31.