PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Gatwick-3
Thread: Gatwick-3
View Single Post
Old 31st Mar 2024, 12:27
Sotonsean

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by FlyGatwick
I was lucky enough to see the Air Peace 777 (a 200 series) operating today's inaugural Gatwick-Lagos flight line up for takeoff on the main runway. I saw it from the window of the train which took me from Gatwick to Brighton. So, Air Peace finally made it to the UK and to Gatwick!

Upon my return to Gatwick, I exited the station via one of the routes that took me straight to South Terminal check-in. When I walked past the info board showing the airlines operating from South Terminal and their allocated check-in zone, I also saw that TAAG had been listed. In my experience, GAL only do this if the airlines concerned have confirmed that they are actually going to operate from the airport. So, does this mean TAAG is after all starting their route from Gatwick to Luanda within the summer 2024 timetable period (most likely later during that period)?
TAAG has been shown on the allocated check-in zone ever since the airline was supposed to start flying to the airport in December 2023.

TAAG has been shown on the airports' arrivals/departure boards ever since the airline was supposed to be flying to the airport in December 2023.

If and when the airline actually starts flights to LGW. The day that TAAG releases any further information regarding their intention on starting a Luanda to LGW route, I'll start believing that it's actually going to happen. TAAG has a shortage of long haul aircraft at the moment. Perhaps we might have to wait until they start receiving their Boeing B789s.

But in saying that, of course I would like to see TAAG finally land at LGW.

Also nice to know that you coincidently witnessed for yourself the Air Peace Boeing 777-200 departing LGW on it's inaugural flight back to Lagos.

There is so much potential regarding LGW and the possibility of attracting more African airlines to the airport in the future.