PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Eastern Airways-3
View Single Post
Old 30th Mar 2024, 23:38
jethro15

Received 16 Likes on 5 Posts
Composed in MS Word before seeing post 318. I’ve not got the willpower to amend my post.

Both E190s are scheduled to begin KL summer leases tomorrow 31 Mar. However

E190 G-CLSN has been at Saarbrücken since 8 Feb for mx. Whilst many planned dates for its return have come and gone, it remains at Saarbrücken. Is this a problem Eastern were aware of, or is it something that has been sprung on them and they have no control over?

E190 G-CLYU ferried HUY-AMS today as planned.

Therefore, E170 G-CMPI ferried HUY-AMS this afternoon to replace G-CLSN until it’s available. Thus 76 seats replacing a contracted 100 seats (Willing to be corrected).

How many more passengers are going to be inconvenienced through their booked airline relying on the services of an airline with a very poor leasing contract history? That in turn reflects on the airline they made their original booking.

Furthermore, by this time, Eastern have gained a reputation within the aviation industry. Look back at TAP, Aurigny, and beyond. Why anyone wants to employ their services is beyond me. I can only think that such airlines are in such dire straits, as opposed to airlines which will not touch them.