PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Army Air Corps Pilots...??
View Single Post
Old 29th Jan 2004, 18:32
flygunz

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Foz2
Chris me old mate as usual has posted some good advice and I would endorse his view that the arrse website lives up to its name and most of what you get there is ill informed whining!
The fact that an Officers flying tour ends for the Staff career shouldn't put you off if you have the ability to graduate through Sandhurst, it's a huge achievement and one that will remain with you forever. If you just want to fly then the RAF is for you where there is more choice of what you can fly depending on your ability. The Navy is a different beast and you should take advice from those that are both happy and unhappy with life aboard to get a balanced picture.
I spent a long time flying in the AAC both as a soldier and as an Officer before leaving and I have to say that the most fun was had as a soldier but these days fun is relative to the number of conflicts you get involved in. The AAC of course has the Apache and if the attack ethos presses your switch then maybe the AAC is for you ( if you want the skinny on the ethos PM me!!)
Whatever you decide best of luck.