PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ridiculous security breach @ La Guardia
View Single Post
Old 29th Jan 2004, 18:27
Check 6

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lightbulb

RRAAMJET, you were making an inquiry at the bottom of the chain of command. You should address your questions to the TSA Director or Asst. Director of that airport.

I recently went through DFW as a SLF. When walking between AA terminals my wife and I noticed two TSA officers at security posts: one was reading a romance paperback, and the other was doing a cross-word puzzle. At no time did we observe them looking up to observe what was going on around them. Very unprofessional.

I sent an e-mail to the DFW TSA Security Director. It turned out he was out of town, but the Asst. Director immediately responded to my e-mail asking for more details.

I passed more info on, he responded and thanked me, and asked for my phone number so he could call me to thank me for pointing out this problem.

I responded that a phone call was not necessary, as I felt that he would deal with the problem. He replied that the problem had been addressed already. I have given the exact date/time so the individuals could be identified.

I have also sent a more positive e-mail to TSA at KSTL telling them how professional and courteous their TSA officers were.

Asking a TSA officer at a security checkpoint policy questions is like asking the Valet Parking Attendant at a five star restaurant for a recipe.