PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Manchester-3
Thread: Manchester-3
View Single Post
Old 30th Mar 2024, 07:39
Navpi

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Mr Mac
Rutan 16
A quick check on stores confirms the Bicester outlet has higher niche stores and products, or should I say perceived to be for me. For example Breitling Watches and Alexandra McQueen clothing are both very expensive items.

These sort of names attract a number of people especially from Far East and indeed China to shop there. it’s location also helps as you say.

Cheers
Mr Mac

Maybe the Trafford Centre or Manchester then 😁
Btw both brands are freely available in Selfridges in the City centre and the Trafford centre.

On a theme why not have Chinese students from Manchester University Liverpool, Uni, Chester Uni as hosts working P/T thee places TC, CheshireOaks etc.

Bicester has Chinese signage etc and appears more geared up to the offer and appears more receptive re governance, hosts etc.

Swap medieval Chester or North Wales Castles for William Shakespeare and job done.The Chinese love English Literature.

Last time i went to The Lakes i popped into a couple of locations featuring Beatrix Potter. The World Of Beatrix Potter at Windermere was absolutely rammed with Chinese tourists, i counted 10 coaches in the coach park all with Chinese script in the drivers windscreen, there were 2 more at Hill Top House where she lived further up Windermere. Two more arrived as we left so they were coming and going all the time.

We have a multitude of attractions up here but in my view simply don't have the guile to exploit. No doubt they all came from London.

It needs joined up thinking between the Chinese tour companies and our tourist hotspots plus airlines, MAN airport, coach companies, retail outlets and hoteliers to provide an over arching offer that fully competes with London.

10 years back and before the dreaded C word struck , Wendy Wu Tours (largest agency in China), were going to buy a hotel in Manchester as a Northern transit point for Chinese tourists. The idea was bringing in pax to LHR to see attractions up here and Scotland but then depart from MAN, with same in reverse.

https://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/news/chinese-entrepreneur-unveils-plans-hotel-7763546

it needs that sort of re invention.

Last edited by Navpi; 30th Mar 2024 at 08:39.