PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Bournemouth-5
Thread: Bournemouth-5
View Single Post
Old 29th Mar 2024, 15:55
Sotonsean

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by rog747
Great post, thanks.

Firstly, there are loads of new Turkish entries that have been flying or planning to fly in to BRS Bristol . We will have to wait and see if they all stay the course.
I was surprised at the number of new flights.
Is this all seasonal?
As for BOH with an LCC flying to Turkey?
I'm not quite sure of that market demand. I've not got any info sorry.

As for Cunard's QE Caribbean fly/cruises -
I have just noted that QE's cruises are all Miami based, not based BGI, is that so?

It's well known that we have a shortage of wide body long haul charter aircraft (and airlines) so I wonder who will be flying for Cunard?.
In the past Cunard chartered Britannia Airways, and then Virgin Atlantic for it's San Juan based cruises flying from LGW.
Cunard used British Airways 767's chartered from LHR for their QE Mediterranean Fly-Cruises from ATH BCN FCO and VCE.

They (Cunard) will usually look for a legacy/premium charter airline.
So they may well also use BA (LHR) and Virgin (LHR) scheduled flights, but that is a lot of seats to buy in, and also use Norse (LGW) maybe?
As it is a MIA Miami start then Cunard will be also attracting a huge American 'home' crowd.

As for any BOH flights for Cunard's QE cruises, yes I dare say that Hays Travel may well charter planes for a few selected departures but who would they use for flights to MIA?.

P&O have ditched Maleth Aero (what a PR disaster!) for the 2024/2025 cruise season but they have not announced yet who they are using for the extra LGW and MAN flights to BGI and ANU (along with the existing TUI contract).
ROG I'm absolutely ashamed of myself. The QUEEN ELIZABETH as you have rightly pointed is indeed being based in Miami rather than Barbados for winter 2025/26. It was an absolute school boy error on my behalf. I wear my Cunard White Star badge with pride and I made such a stupid mistake 🙃

But I'm pleased that you enjoyed reading the post, and I appreciate your response back.

Regards to market demand for BOH to Turkey.

There is a fairly large Turkish population within the airports catchment area. Southampton and Eastleigh, for example, the local Turkish diaspora is fairly large and increasing and I'm sure it's the same in Bournemouth.

Plus, any onward connections by the likes of Pegasus Airlines from SAW could open up so many destinations from BOH.

But as I mentioned in my post it was just a thought.