PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Boeing at X-Roads?
View Single Post
Old 29th Mar 2024, 15:26
Raikum

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts
Ultimately isn't this just a particularly egregious example of what happens when markets are unregulated ? I say this not as some rabid left winger but as a student of these things. Even the most extreme milton freedman type economists (even Hayek) recognised that markets had to regulated to work properly and have done so for for over 150 years. They plainly don't at the moment with for example the salary packages of CEOs are now at historically (and ridiculously) high levels when compared to average salary levels.
A further thing would be to ban companies from owning their own shares. I am sure this was the case in England when I did my bar exams 50-years ago. This would stop what is in effect a pyramid selling scam which leads to share prices becoming ever more inflated which of course boosts the salary packages of executives and so on and so on... Of course what I'm saying is that perhaps these things are inevitable in our current system where it seems the only that matters is profit and short termism.