PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Newbie & Flying Training Advice (Merged)
View Single Post
Old 29th Mar 2024, 02:00
PiperCameron

Received 82 Likes on 64 Posts
Originally Posted by VH_AGB
Hi Guys,

I'm looking for a change in career, i'm 37, married to a wife who support all my decisions and hobbies, father of one, i work in a large corporate company that pays very well but to be honest i am well and truly over it, i'm thinking of obtaining my CPL (A) or (H) and trying to make a go of it, i understand i will have to start from the bottom and be paid accordingly but the money is not an issue at this stage in my life. At 37 realistically if i give it all i have and obtain my license i will be 38, what are the real chances of getting a job at that age?
With a good work ethic and a bit more life experience than some of the others going through, I'd say you have a very real chance of making a go of it (outside of the usual airline conveyor that is) so long as you're willing to leave the big smoke also. Corporate charter, survey, running a flight school someplace.. Australia is your oyster. Go for it.

Originally Posted by VH_AGB
Also can someone recommend some good Schools in Melbourne to look at?
Do you have a PPL or are you starting from scratch? Presuming you already have a PPL, check out Bini's or Base Aviation at Moorabbin or Lilydale Flying School if you're out that way.