PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Southampton-3
Thread: Southampton-3
View Single Post
Old 28th Mar 2024, 11:34
FrequentlyFlying

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
EZ looking to refocus if looking at LHR into a more premium product which I genuinely think there is a market for., LHR proximity to SOU isnt helpful. The question is, has the last year of EZ been about toe dipping or managing current excess capacity best? I’m thinking of their brief touch down in BOH in the not so distant past. Was never about permanence. Ryanair are untouchable as the discount airline, Jet2 basically are blanket covering the package holiday market and will only get bigger, so what’s left? The return of city breaks and regional flying ? It’s a tough market, trains are greener. I hope who ever manages SOU manage to find the answer, the airport is compact and easy to access, it’s really more bus station than international airport, it needs a purpose of existence beyond being a non essential option for regional travel. BOH have realised bucket and spade maximises its potential at the same time as the U.K. has returned to package holidays. My fingers are crossed someone has an answer in the current management.