PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Bournemouth-5
Thread: Bournemouth-5
View Single Post
Old 27th Mar 2024, 21:36
rustythumb

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by shamrock7seal

One airline that may also want in on the action is easyJet.
I think Easyjet could well follow suit now that Ryanair, TUI and Jet2 have given BOH a vote of confidence. I kind of think that BOH may follow in the footsteps of East Midlands, Belfast International, Bristol, consolidating around an offering of Ryanair, TUI, Jet2 and hopefully Easyjet a year or so from now.

Of course there will be overlap particularly on Spanish sun routes between the 3 principal airlines at BOH, but hopefully the next couple of years will see this ironed out into a wider range of destinations with better frequencies.

I think Easyjet could come in and serve coverage gaps like Amsterdam, Belfast Intl, Bordeaux, Jersey, Larnaca, Paris, Sharm El Sheikh, Split, Tel Aviv which I think would appeal to the central southern market and some of those longer range destinations like Larnaca, Sharm El Sheikh, Split and Tel Aviv can't be offered by Easyjet from SOU so you'd have to go to Bristol, Heathrow or Gatwick currently.

A hotel, reconfigured arrivals and departures and an hourly (min) bus service between Bournemouth travel interchange and the airport surely need to be a part of short to medium-term plans.

A spur from the quarry junction on the A338 needs to become a reality at some point also.

A big problem is the council. They are broke, and a sizeable contingent of the councillors are from the green party/just stop oil apologists / only interested in active travel / those who don't like Bournemouth getting the limelight over Poole or Christchurch. I can't see anyone at the council putting any weight behind supporting better road, heavy or light rail connections any time soon, unfortunately.

Last edited by rustythumb; 27th Mar 2024 at 21:49.