PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Network EBA
Thread: Network EBA
View Single Post
Old 27th Mar 2024, 04:35
Zeta_Reticuli

Location: DEMOCRATIC PEOPLES REPUBLIC OF WESTERN AUSTRALIA (DPRWA)
Received 249 Likes on 73 Posts
Originally Posted by Icarus2001
Allow me to answer and perhaps bring you down to reality.

Tradies make pretty good money but they crawl around in a roof space at forty degrees and work many spaces that are unpleasant. The BIG issue is aging. A white collar worker can sit at their desk to aged 65 quite easily. A tradie loses the ability to crawl around in small space by their fifties. So unless they have set up a business employing young turks to do the grunt work they are in a world of pain, literally and figuratively. Tradies also go out in all weather. We grumble at a five minute walk around in the wet.

Which pilots are on "minimum wage type salaries"? Really come on. $882.80 is the minimum wage based on a 38 hour week. That is $45,905 pa. Please post a link or other evidence that there is a pilot in Australia earing that little having spent $150k on licences.

I am all for increased wages and more importantly, better conditions but be realistic about what others do.

Yep at 31 years old, I can barely walk some mornings... back, hips, knees and shoulders stuffed from being a chippy.
But on another note, Airline wages especially what Network is paying, is an utter disgrace.
The following users liked this post: