PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Qantas Recruitment
View Single Post
Old 27th Mar 2024, 02:19
transition_alt

Received 16 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by dr dre
I think the first A321 commands are slated to be type transfers not promotions as the fleet is introduced, and I don't think there'll be too many in total to start with (I believe only 3 A321s arriving next by the end of next FY). So yes the majority of SH commands will still be slated to be 737 for the next few years, until the A321 hits a critical mass then will become the majority.

But they'll probably still need new pilots onto the 737 as more will leave for LH, and I think it's safe to say they'll still be training pilots onto the 737 in the 2030s. They were training pilots onto the B744 in the late 2010s with that fleet nearing retirement.
Regarding the 737, people joining towards the 2030’s will need to be cautious as there is no RIN process SH.

Given what management are saying, there should be work for all 737 pilots on the A321 with the increase in back of the clock flying even with a lower amount of airframes.

The 747 pilots at least had the RIN process to fall back on. Based upon management history with subsidiaries who knows what will happen with the remaining 737 pilots (if any are left) at the end of the fleet replacement.