PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Jetstar Aus/NZ Positions
View Single Post
Old 26th Mar 2024, 23:43
framer

Received 483 Likes on 130 Posts
4. Buy a 50sqm brick attached unit in a small agricultural town 4-10 hours drive from home and rent it out so you only have to top it up a small amount. ( be smart about the prospects of that town).
Keep renting where you need to be….three years later buy a second 50sqm brick unit and wait……wait……three years later be amazed when you can sell units and buy a three bedroom home 2 hours drive from where you need to be ( be smart about the prospects of the area) wait another three years,
keep renting where you need to be, take a command at your Airline of choice. Sell three bedroom house and buy modest three bedroom house in up and coming suburb in city of choice.
5. In the nine years you are waiting, never spend more than 15k on a vehicle and then only if you can pay cash.
6. Only holiday once a year and stay in a Holiday Park or camp site.
7. Don’t have a lifestyle and then see what that does to your cashflow, set your cashflow ( weekly spending account) and then see what lifestyle that achieves……cause that’s it. Thats how I discovered rock fishing. Its a win win win.
To be clear, I’m not saying that will definitely work. I think people in their 20’s and 30’s face a tougher road to financial freedom than I did, but, that’s what I did and it’s what I would try again if I was 20 years younger.
If you can’t kick start that process then I would look to rent somewhere cheaper. If it is still not possible then I would move to the bush and start again.
Good luck.
The following users liked this post: