PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Jet2-6
Thread: Jet2-6
View Single Post
Old 26th Mar 2024, 21:24
pug

Received 89 Likes on 53 Posts
Originally Posted by Sotonsean
On BBC South Today this evening (Tuesday 26 May) they broadcasted a lengthy piece about the announcement by Jet2 of setting up a base at Bournemouth Airport.

Part of speech made by the boss of Jet2 to thtose present was a suggestion of moving into smaller airports in the UK. I saw the article on the midday news as well as this evenings. I heard it twice. If I watch the late evening broadcast at 10.35 I'll more than likely hear it said for a third time.

He made note of the fact that Jet2 only serve 12 airports with the addition of Bournemouth and moving forward he would like see the company cover more of the UK.

What was mentioned in the TTG article and what was said in person are obviously two different things.
Having watched BBC South on iPlayer news items regarding the announcement there was absolutely no mention of intentions to open more bases at small airports, no mention of only having 12 bases. It was all about Bournemouth, the gap on a map of the South now being filled and the aims to reach carbon neutral status. Together with the link provided, plus the general feeling around today, that is probably the last U.K. base for jet2 at least for a few years.

Last edited by pug; 26th Mar 2024 at 22:26.