PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Glen Buckley and Australian small business -V- CASA
Old 26th Mar 2024, 20:36
glenb

Received 75 Likes on 37 Posts
MLE

I have put this on here, directed towards MLE, but it does apply to everyone that has followed this thread. Assuming that MLE has moved on as he siuggested I have also sent it as a PM.

MLE. First. Thank you for your support to date, and I understand that you are no doubt a "supporter" still, but a frustrated one. You are not alone.

The support from this forum has been exceptional, it really has. I know this sounds dramatic, but I would be in a far far darker place if it wasn't for Pprune and Aunty Pru. I chose to stay away from Facebook, Tik Tok etc. I wasn't trying to Grandstand or cause mischief. I turned immediately to Prune, and those initial responses, the empathy, and the support landed right on target. They buoyed me significantly.

If it wasn't for Pprune, CASA would have buried me years ago, and I have no doubt at all about that. The only weapon I have at my disposal was to see if there was widespread industry support out there. There was. Its been well intentioned, staunch, knowledgeable, and there can be no doubt that it has been invaluable to me.

I will give you only one of many dozens of examples. I can't locate the Post but it is in there somewhere.

CASAs own ICC found that CASA had known about APTA for a significant period of time. With everything going on the significance of that was lost on me at the time.

'After that ICC finding, the Ombudsman found that CASA didn't know about APTA.

How could the Ombudsman arrive at a finding that CASA didn't know about APTA if CASA had already found that in fact CASA did know about APTA.

The CASA ICC had found that CASA did know, so that should be the CASA narrative from that date. However, someone else from within CASA, and I have no doubt that it is Mr. Aleck has convinced the Ombudsman otherwise.

Very clearly someone is misleading the Ombudsman. One Organization cannot possibly have two contrasting narratives.

I believe that this point will become significant at a future date.

Anyway, I had overlooked the fact that CASAs own ICC had found that CASA did know.

Someone on here made a post about exactly that. Something that I had completely missed.

A second example is the background support and learned advice that I have received from here, or just the well-intentioned comments.

I am aware that my supporters are waning and becoming increasingly frustrated, and that many also contributed to the GoFund me Page for the very purpose of seeking legal assistance.

I used a portion of those funds to seek "guidance". I want to be a bit careful with I write here.

One of those initial meetings was with a very reputable firm.

At that stage had I have proceeded; it was very clear that my outlook was bleak. Had I proceeded, it is unlikely that I would have succeeded. This is a case at that time that would have cost me over $750,000. A staggering amount.

I stepped back, and withy the information I now had I knew what was important and the direction I needed to take. I also got some exceptional learned advice on here from one poster in particular.

A portion of those funds has been used to obtain some tweaking along the way.

A lot of the legwork that has been done, with at least half of it not on PPrune, I believe that I am very well prepared. The ping pong component is done and finished. The exact tactics that CASA used on me, would have been used on my legal team at significant expense. I have certainly learnt that CASA has a lot of "capability" when it comes to delaying tactics, as the industry is completely aware.

To may on here, what appears as a long rant in correspondence is in my mind something more than that. Most correspondence has multiple recipients from within and outside the industry, so i am trying to capture a wide variety of recipients, and at the same time "involve" parties that may prefer to not be "involved" such as my MP for Chisholm, Dr. Carina Garland, and also the Minister.

I'm ensuring that there can be no defense as to a lack of awareness.

Consider this. Minister King is fully aware that CASA now admits that in fact I did not stalk or assault any CASA Employee despite Shane Carmody PSMs false statement to the Senators that I had stalked and assaulted CASA staff. The Minister is aware of that and far more, yet chooses not to act, but rather to facilities misconduct. As this matter moves to the next stage the Ministers involvement and knowledge will become increasingly apparent.

Recently, I have begun to question myself about my chosen path, due to the withdrawal of support. But I truly reflected on it, and I'm satisfied with my decisions. Not all of them perfect admittedly, nevertheless they were my decisions and I'm responsible for them.

On a slightly deeper level, I sought some "professional" advice to discuss my real motivations and here is what i discovered.

I opened up my flying school with a good friend in 2005, and we both had a vision. A very passionate one. That business boomed from day one, and exceeded our expectations, in how much satisfaction it gave us. We never advertised and it grew on word of mouth. We maintained an industry leading level of safety and compliance, and no disrespect to any other school, but we attracted the very best instructional team at Moorabbin airport.

My "legacy" was going to be a flying school that was fondly remembered in the industry.

The business grew and the 'legacy" that i wanted to leave grew. I wanted to preserve regional flying schools that were going to discontinue operations.

The question was put to me. What was the single one thing that you wanted most.

I recounted the MFT opening party in 2006, which was probably one of the biggest parties that the Airport had ever seen. I wanted a similar thing when i retired. I wanted a large farewell where I could surround myself on my last day with all my past staff, students, suppliers etc. and look around and reflect on what a fortunate life I had. Quite sadly, it was almost exclusively about that farewell. Quite sad and self-centered really, but it was something actually much deeper than that. I had envisaged a night that would be one of the most significant in my life.

Instead of resolving this matter in a matter of hours as Aleck/CASA could have he/they chose a far more engineered and destructive path that was entirely unnecessary.

MLE, and others. Please be 100% assured that I will meet my deadline to pursue litigation.

What the legal firm will have is a client, who is extremely task focused, knowledgeable, and well prepared. There will be no unnecessary delays while we wait for significant FOI requests. The firm will be able to move forwards quickly and effectively.

CASA will find an adversary that they have not come up against before, and i will fully expose this.

I got forced out of the industry and had my family's life upended as a result of this.

The direction is about to change and change substantially. I have nothing to lose, and quite frankly. If I do go down, I will go down swinging.

MLE, can i ask that you return in early April to the forum.

My legacy has been somewhat altered, and i will settle for nothing less than bringing an end to the misconduct within CASA.

Thankyou sincerely, sipping the last bits of coffee, and heading out the door.

Cheers Glen

The following 4 users liked this post by glenb: