PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Jetstar Aus/NZ Positions
View Single Post
Old 26th Mar 2024, 13:42
Zeta_Reticuli

Location: DEMOCRATIC PEOPLES REPUBLIC OF WESTERN AUSTRALIA (DPRWA)
Received 230 Likes on 66 Posts
Originally Posted by btrdux
If you hate Australia so much why are you (presumably) still here instead of having taken one of the many overseas opportunities that you listed?

Instead you're going on about how HK is much better than Aus right now... maybe take one look at the number of people who've left to come to QF vs the opposite might tell you the reality.

And you know what, I would argue that all the airline ceos who meet every year at IATA, have all conspired to work together to bring down pilot salaries, so that no pilot is better off regardless of where he flees to. I think every Aussie pilot ideally would like to avoid EK, CX, SQ, QR etc... but what do we all sit idly by at a subsidary on poverty wages just hoping that Mainline takes us??? My situation is different, but I am talking on behalf of all the pilots in this country, I mean I cant even imagine how much stress a qlink or rex pilot based out of Sydney must be under. I would not even want to board that aircraft. The poor souls stressed 24/7 as to how they will cover the rent or ever afford a home or family of their own!! If you are based in Syd and well even Melb and earning under 200k and dont own a home, there is no light at the end of the tunnel. And whoever has the answer should speak now, as to alleviate stress off the backs of 1000s of pilots. And I know we arent the worst ones out there in society, you just need to look to the nursing shortage. And the govs solution is just bring more in on visas, there never has been and never will be a shortage of any occupation in this country. I am up to my third industry and there has never ever been a shortage in construction or mining, it is a shortage of people willing to work for peanuts.