PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Eastern Airways-3
View Single Post
Old 26th Mar 2024, 10:33
FlyingFrl

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Such a shame to see Eastern perform so poorly over the recent years. Word is that the future of the last two remaining oil/gas contracts up in ABZ is uncertain too. With the last major contract being up for renewal/tender in a matter of months. Performance to and from LSI has been troubled by tech issues of both ground equipment up in LSI and the JS41 aircraft going tech too regularly. The HAU rotation which is once weekly is now being operated by an EJET, probably due to the lack of 41s?
ABZ-WIC has been issued with contractual penalties due to poor performance last year too. There is multiple articles to be found online in regards to this. Makes me wonder what the future will bring for the Eastern ABZ base. Who doesn't remember the times where the entire ABZ apron was lined up with blue Eastern tails. Those times seem long gone unfortunately. I feel really bad for all the crew who try their best and give their all every day. Eastern has been very resilient over the past decades, and for the sake of their crews I hope they can use this and turn things around for the better.