PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Bournemouth-5
Thread: Bournemouth-5
View Single Post
Old 26th Mar 2024, 10:12
Sharklet_321

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Great news for the central southern region - Jet2 holidays are often sought out by the public and Jet2 tend to hold a market of their own so this is very positive for the airport.

The amount of cross-over is slightly surprising given that several other obvious routes are left unserved. Funchal and Fuerteventura are good calls, as are additional services to Palma, Tenerife, Alicante and Faro which soak up demand like a sponge.

I am quite surprised we are not seeing the likes of Dubrovnik, Split, Pula, Larnaca, Malaga, Verona, Almeria, Reus, Skiathos, Bourgas, Izmir, Keflavik, Bodrum, Naples, Warsaw, Bucharest which are all left unserved. Perhaps this will be something we see in 2026, 2027 etc as the base develops.

I am not sure there is the demand for two airlines serving Antalya four times per week as an example, but I would like to be proved wrong.

Ryanair may react by committing to add their intended third based aircraft for Summer 2025 perhaps to some of those destinations highlighted that remain unserved.