PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - REX to transition to ATRs, start domestic jet ops
Old 26th Mar 2024, 08:00
C441

Received 115 Likes on 46 Posts
Another sample of one….
BNE-SYD 25th March.

QF chocker on 7 of the last 8 afternoon/evening flights. Business and economy oversold on a couple of flights - it's rare for that to be displayed on the staff travel website.

Booked the 5:00pm Rex for $169 at 3:00pm - $106 more than the one-way QF Staff seat so a very reasonable fare at short notice. Virgin was "from" $195 for a later flight.
Rex Business had 4 vacant seats and about two thirds (2/3) full in economy.
Service was fine although even though in row 4, I was 'reminded' that the forward toilet is for Business Class but female pax around me were welcomed to use the front loo when they ventured past the cabin divider later in the flight. I had no problem with that and found it somewhat amusing. Maybe experience suggests that economy blokes make more of a mess of the Business dunny!

I was offered an exit row seat just prior to boarding for the second time on a Rex flight. On this occasion I was happy in row 4 but it seems Rex pax aren't really prepared to pay for that honour…..well on both of my journeys with them.
The following 3 users liked this post by C441: