PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Eastern Airways-3
View Single Post
Old 25th Mar 2024, 18:39
ImagineIf

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Markushillman
And now they have got a contract with KLM for the summer period. I hope KLM give them the chop sharpish when undoubtedly their on time performance is awful
The issue there however is KLM themselves are having peoblems, cancellations are currently commonplace even with a raft of contingency operators. German Airways and Transavia currently filling in on several rotations a day. It's probably going to be a bit of messy summer for KLM unfortunately.

Eastern do have a very poor reputation for otp and completion factor overall with a trail of very badly delivered acmi and franchise stints behind them. Not to mention an own route network that changes more than the weather.

I just feel sorry for the customers and that includes the airlines that give the work to them as it reflects on them too and causes brand damage.

I see Eastern really seem to be plugging recruitment at the moment, again I feel sorry for anyone who runs towards that burning building. They have been quick to cull the numbers in the past the moment work slacks off, they will have a wobble and send all the Embraers off into storage again no doubt.

It's such a shame really, for a once very respectable little regional carrier.

Last edited by ImagineIf; 25th Mar 2024 at 18:51.