PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Southampton-3
Thread: Southampton-3
View Single Post
Old 25th Mar 2024, 12:17
Rivet Joint

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by SouthernAlliance
why would they do that when they can maximise strong loads and yields from both airports. Huge appetite from the communities on the south coast for skiing in the Alps so easyJet are surely fulfilling demand for this type of leisure market
Because they appear to be building at SOU so makes sense they transfer all of the established GVA flights there. No one is flying from BOH that won’t want to fly from SOU. If I was SOU that would be the first thing I would be persuading EZY to do. People need to associate SOU with EZY and that’s hard to do if there is a spilt operation locally. When you think of BOH you think FR.

SOU does need to be better at handling these bigger aircraft though. They often appear to leave late.

Originally Posted by Albert Hall
Loganair has cut though - down from four to three daily on GLA. They've dropped one flight every day which is pretty much at the times that easyJet are flying, although the EZY schedule chops and changes throughout the summer, which at least gives the appearance that it's a response to the increased GLA-SOU. EDI has also reduced (from five to four) but the removal is the SOU nightstopper - so presumably related to the crew and aircraft issues that they sound to be having.
True but think we are splitting hairs and as you have highlighted crewing and aircraft issue are also an issue. I think they have dropped routes at other airports and ones that didn’t have competition. They continue at SOU though.