PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - LATAM upset SYD-AKL Mon 11 Mar
View Single Post
Old 25th Mar 2024, 10:10
Lookleft

Received 204 Likes on 98 Posts
You hear far, far too many recordings/transcripts from CVRs being broadcast far too widely after an incident where those who don't have a clue (many on here, sadly!) focus on the irrelevant because it is 'sensational' rather then relevant.
​​​​​​​However, I have always been happy that any of the FDR and CVR information on aeroplanes that I have flown would always be properly handled.
I'm not sure you can be certain of the second statement in light of your first one! If you happen to have an accident somewhere that doesn't have the same protocols around protection of the CVR and FDR then you might very well find the recording of your flight being broadcast far too widely.

How do you cope with LOSA? How do you cope with a QAR. It also has strict protocols around it yet crew can agree to have a person sitting in the jumps seat recording everything pertinent to the flight. A video camera is just a digital LOSA auditor. Cockpit video cameras would have to have the same protocols around them as CVR and FDR. CCTV is a lot more prevalent than most people realise and are used to help solve crimes as a silent witness. Cockpit Video Cameras can be set up so they don't record faces but can record actions and the instrument panel. They can be an additional tool for safety investigators to give a better picture (a metaphor and a fact) of what led to an accident or incident.