PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - A320 Command (in a year) or EK A380 First Officer.
Old 25th Mar 2024, 08:38
Aero_manoloman

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Busdriver_1122
Salary Difference in the short term is Good with EK.
But in the long term my current airline is wayyy better.
Flying hours almost same. (80-90).. alinger flights in EK. More turnarounds here.
I was weeks away from command training when I decided to join Emirates but my decision was easy because of the conditions I had at that European LOCO carrier As a captain here I'd be making 2/3 of what I'll make as an FO in Emirates. The operation is a nightmare at times (4 sectors/day, 5 days back to back consistently) and I still don't get to live where I want to (42 years old and tired of commuting and paying rent in two European cities). So for me it was a no-brainer.

Are you considering just the salary for that calculation or are you including all the benefits? End of service/pension fund, insurances (health, loss of license), education, housing allowance, platinum card.
There's a document they send candidates that shows projected total rewards. I believe it's grossly exaggerated but it estimates total rewards to be around $16500 per month (F/O). Of course a big percentage of that is not take home money but you should consider that. Subtracting all the non-cash benefits it shows $9500/month take home money. I don't know how realistic that is as it includes profit share which is not guaranteed. If I were you I would just apply and decide later. Spend some time in Dubai and have a taste of the city. Maybe you or your family would hate it there and that'd be it.

Last edited by Aero_manoloman; 26th Mar 2024 at 08:40.