PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Jetstar Aus/NZ Positions
View Single Post
Old 25th Mar 2024, 08:24
cLeArIcE

Received 190 Likes on 60 Posts
Originally Posted by a_pilot
If you are not genuinely sick, this is fraud, is it not?

Sure you have a medical certificate, a dodgy one from online. Is this not fraud ?

Yes sure you have a tummy pain and nobody can prove otherwise that you don't.

If you call a colleague to pick up a WDO after you just called in sick (but you actually are not) is this not fraud?

Lucky you don't work for Emirates or other airlines where you might get pulled up for having too many sickies or held back on a promotion. Lucky you don't work for Cathay where they had a 40% pay cut yet you still hate the place so much. Can always be worse, can always be better, but some will never be happy.
Hahaha is that you new RPM? Congratulations on the new promotion. Must be hard to know who to harrass first giving how much sick leave there is. Oh but don't worry. Its not Jetstar fault at all. All the best with your KPIs and bonus.

Ummm... The last time I checked, it's none of your business why I am unfit for duty. I could have a cold, tummy upset as you said. I could be tired because you rostered me an early start after doing a BoC a day ago.. My son could have a bad night because I can't go to his soccer knockout carnival in Shepperton this weekend because you rostered me a 3am standby following a Star day.
Or I'm Just not mentally fit for Work on day 6 after doing 5 X 4 sector days.
strangely enough, I tend to get sick more after months of 80+ hour rosters. Who would have thought.
This stuff happens all the time.. You know why? You employ people not machines. People are entitled to a life outside of work (even if you have nothing else going on.)

Secondly, the last time I checked again... I can talk to colleagues outside of work about anything I want.
So I think your clutching at straws. I understand it's a difficult time for all you management people given how much disrespect your staff have for you.

​​​​Tell you what, care to share what base you are so I know to call in sick rather than fly with you? I somehow doubt we'd get along very well.

​​​