PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - LATAM upset SYD-AKL Mon 11 Mar
View Single Post
Old 25th Mar 2024, 08:00
Mr Albert Ross

Received 127 Likes on 68 Posts
Originally Posted by Lookleft
Well incidents like this one will only strengthen the hand of investigators who do want them.
Maybe. Maybe not. I suspect from what I have heard that there is already enough information from this incident.
Originally Posted by Lookleft
You don't think that CVRs and FDRs were once considered a step far, far too far?
Without proper control, yes. However, I have always been happy that any of the FDR and CVR information on aeroplanes that I have flown would always be properly handled. The Accident Investigators that would have dealt with it would never have made any actual CVR recordings available to the public and only transcripts of the very relevant parts of the recordings pertinent to an actual incident would ever be made public in the incident report. (The Union involved in the very early days ensured that this would be the case and the Accident Investigators are honouring that.) I don't see how that can be met with video recordings. (How do you get a 'transcript' of a video recording, etc.?) I'm not saying it's impossible, but I am saying that it will be a lot more difficult to gain acceptance. Especially keeping irrelevant bits away from the idiot public and idiot media. And having seen some of the comments that are on here reinforces my opinions in my previous sentence.