PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EASA Class 1 medical - high blood pressure
Old 25th Mar 2024, 07:28
olster

Received 22 Likes on 7 Posts
It is your choice to take BP medication. I have had dreadful white coat syndrome over the years even since my twenties. More bizarre that my own father was a doctor and when he took the BP at the family home it came rocketing down. I had the same AME for many years and he was a fantastic, pragmatic doctor, closely aligned with Formula 1 so he may be recognized by older viewers (!). This doctor took a practical view of my bp issues due to his wisdom and experience. After he retired it mildly unraveled for me as the local to Edinburgh AME would not listen to my story, just suspended my licence and told me to get it sorted with minimal bedside manner. I have my own BP machine which gives me reasonable numbers for my advancing years without medication. Personally I have been put off by the potential side effects of medication. I manage my weight with relatively careful eating and moderate but not too extreme exercise, basically walking every day. By the way, as you get older 140/80 is not bad for middle age and upwards. The limit for Emirates is 140/90 and they will certainly let you know if your waistline and / or BP increases.!

Last edited by olster; 25th Mar 2024 at 09:19.