PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Boeing at X-Roads?
View Single Post
Old 24th Mar 2024, 15:31
PPRuNeUser0221

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Boeing does not need a new aircraft, the company has indicated the timeline for a new aircraft is the mid 2030's and it woud be a narrow-body aircraft. And I'm not so sure it wouldn't be prudent to exit the NB segment altogether and have Airbus struggle to fill in the capacity there and see how they cope with demanding customers.

For example Saudia announced in November that "by the end of the year" (2023) they were expecting an answer from the "manufacturer" (Bloomberg identified Airbus) if they can promise to deliver more than 150 A320 in a specific time-frame. It's nealy April of 2024 now. And that's ONE customer.

That being said, I've commented elsewhere on the web that BOTH Boeing AND Airbus need to do well, and that's exactly what the Chief Financial Officer of Airbus said day before yesterday at CNBC, that they're not happy with the problems at Boeing.

I would love for the HQ to move back to Seattle but this would send a signal that they put their focus on the commercial side of things. And although it has generated the most revenue ($36 billion as opposed to $24 billion for Defense and $18 billion for Global Services in 2023) Boeing doesn't want to be identified as a commercial planemaker only. Plus, I doubt the state of Washington can provide the company the kind of tax incentives Illinois has or will continue to.