PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - NPAS News 2024
Thread: NPAS News 2024
View Single Post
Old 24th Mar 2024, 12:35
PANews

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts
I expect that 2Excel will return eventually, they retained their occupancy of the hangar they acquired in 2017 mainly because it would take their 727 aircraft. I believe that they also have an interest in the hangar next door [the one previously occupied by Cessna/Textron]. There is a solid need there - even if it it just those superb hangars.

So they have a reason to return even if their tenure at Humberside might have got cosy over the years. And they will not move anytime soon of course, a lease is one thing but the council still need the operator and then that operator needs to reattach all those wires Peel undid. I doubt very much that 2Excel have any enthusiasm for being a Operator.

As for NPAS, they have gone. The building was their only connection with the airfield and they now have moved to another at East Midlands, a location that was strangely a location they dreamed of in 2012 when they started...... In view of the very tenuous links they have with their fixed wing (shall we keep it, shall we not) and the lacklustre performance in terms of hours flown I doubt they will even have a fixed wing by the time DSA reopens for business in a few years time.. Meanwhile they have another empty 'Sports Hall' at North Weald and that does do flying.