PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Fly Dubai Second Officer Programme
View Single Post
Old 23rd Mar 2024, 15:54
Fly highhigh

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by cruisepower
That you need to check with your CAA. CAE has got inhouse FAA EASA, and GCAA examiners so it's not an issue for people who have these licenses.

You need to check with your CAA if the dubai CAE ce ter falls under their approved sim center. some countries will accept the type rating if an organization is EASA or FAA compliant. CaE being one of the biggest in the world they will usually tick all the boxes but again like I said it's best you check with your country license authority or your CAA.
Thank you for your assistance!!

Me and my friend soon go to the dubai for type rating selection test.

Because CAE told us to come for the test, we thought they would accept our aviation authority's endorsement to add the type rating to our license, but I was a bit concerned.

If our foreign pilot license doesn't get the 737 rating, does that mean we can't join flydubai?

According to our country's aviation regulations, to undergo a check abroad, one must pass the rating written exam domestically, and our aviation authority's examiner must conduct the final check. This is somewhat concerning.

However, since we also have a CAE center in our country, I'll need to find out if they support this process.

Well..since we are from a country under ICAO but not FAA or EASA, the situation is even more complicated.

I wonder if CAE considered these aspects when they invited us; it's really giving me a headache.

I would like to ask CAE, but the people we've been in contact with are from the accounting team, so it seems we might not get accurate information until we actually go there for the test.

There don't seem to be many options.

Your sharing of good information has been very helpful, thank you so much.