PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Glasgow-4
Thread: Glasgow-4
View Single Post
Old 23rd Mar 2024, 03:51
nivsy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by ld0595
Maybe I'm a grump but most of them seem so uninspiring... I wish they'd introduce new cities or at least up frequencies. I'm sure Amsterdam could be daily and Barcelona, Berlin, Lisbon and Tenerife could be much more frequent then twice weekly. Madrid, Copenhagen and Nice for example seem like obvious gaps missing from Glasgow... Appreciate I don't know the commercial factors though but it would be nice for a bit more ambition!
Well ofcourse Amsterdam is well served by KLM on a few daily flights. However I take your point. SAS used to served CPH daily many years ago. Indeed BA tried a few days a week. Both eventually left. FRA remains with LH. EasyJet try hard at GLA I think and if it was going to work daily on some of the routes you mention I'm sure they would.have tried it. Vueling to MAD daily would be interesting but I doubt workable. GLA is a market that always intrigues me. They seem to do well on bucket and spade destinations or feeders like AMS and FRA within mainland Europe although Air France scheduled flights seem to start and close every few years. It just can't compete nor has the market it would appear of EDI. It's heyday was when it served transatlantic services also I'm afraid long gone really apart from seasonal flights.... occasionally!