PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Manchester-3
Thread: Manchester-3
View Single Post
Old 22nd Mar 2024, 23:52
TURIN

Received 209 Likes on 117 Posts
Originally Posted by roverman
Quite a bit of spin in that statement from MAG. Whilst I am a big fan of what's happening at T2, and a regular user of it, we must be careful how we describe characteristics being delivered.

Also on the airfield - allowing two A380s to pass each other on the taxiways? That was never envisaged when I worked on the project. There isn't sufficient space between Pier C and the cargo fence line to facilitate two parallel Code F taxiways / taxilanes. Given the low frequency of A380 (ICAO Code F) movements it was accepted that these aircraft will have a dedicated route which temporarily blocks the double-taxiway. The A380 taxiway route had the project name 'Delta Diamond' as it was to be marked out with distinctive diamond paint markings, as used at Washington Dulles for the same purpose.
Yes, lots of spin, why let the truth get in the way of a good story?
Regarding the taxiway between pier C and the cargo area, my understanding is that west gate is being demolished and the access road moved to make way for the wider taxiway. SRT are going to lose a bit of their front yard too.