PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Toxic Cabin Air/Aerotoxic Syndrome
View Single Post
Old 22nd Mar 2024, 22:31
snooky

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Dogma
Sorry to hear it Snooky - hope you are keeping well. I think a genetic predisposition to such sensitivity is a possibility. That genetic analysis should be possible. I too few the 757 RR RB211 for 6 years, to no ill effect. However, that was with a quality airline with high maintenance standards

As I say the wider issue is that the cohort study on an international basis do not support the low dose exposure theory.
Thank you, sadly it is unlikely that I will ever regain mobility. The 757s I flew were very well maintained by a large operator but several undoubtedly had oil vapour leaking via bleed air. Later models had less problems initially but did deteriorate with age. I operated large numbers of short sectors and this meant more regular short exposure as the leaks generally occurred at top of descent. When the aircraft were sold on at least one operator fitted filters for the flight deck.
Of course there are hundreds of available studies suggesting toxic poisoning is possible, this website links to just a few. https://toxiccabinair.com
I feel that whilst nothing can be done for me or my late colleagues acceptance of the problem could save others suffering a similar fate in the future.