PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EagleJet in this market? Really?
View Single Post
Old 22nd Mar 2024, 18:32
African_TrouserSnake

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Ragneir
Just informing on how it's working. I'll be honest, if I didn't manage to join without paying, I'd definitely go through one of these. I can make money back, but not time. Everyone saying all the companies are hiring, but the reality is, from the 100% of pilots I know that finished since 2021, only 5% managed to join the big boys... And 4.5% out of those 5% joined via Ryanair (which has the same thing. You pay for type rating and 500h and you get a salary).
I agree, you're buying time and the Avion scheme isn't that bad, if anything RYR runs the same money grabbing crap.

I know a few people who did the scheme via Eagle and BAA. Here are the keypoints:
  • It isn't a done deal. You don't pay your way into the righthand seat with either, no guaranteed pass or anything.
  • You still need to do the whole assessment, and you can fail at every part. I know that multiple people failed, including some from BAA.
  • Eagle doesn't pre-screen with them before the typerating. Meaning that it is possible for the airline to not invite you to the assessment you based on your profile. This has happened!
In summary; know what you're getting into. It is a hard business, ultimately revolving around money. As far as I know, apart from this scheme, the other Eagle schemes are pure pay-to-fly, meaning you get paid exactly 0 euros.