PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Fly Dubai Second Officer Programme
View Single Post
Old 22nd Mar 2024, 11:53
Fly highhigh

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by cruisepower
Lots of people have this misunderstanding, First of all you cannot convert your FAA to GCAA license without a job offer or a sponsor unless you are a UAE citizen. There is no way around it. period.

In this program you will do the 737 rating based on yours FAA license that is when you complete your 737 rating it will be entered into your FAA license and it has nothing to do with the GCAA. Once you are offered the job with flydubai they will ask you to complete the 14 GCAA exam if you are CPL or 2 exams if you are a ATPL holder. Some are saying even before the rating they ask this but I can't confirm since I went with a full ATPL.

If they saying you need the ATP CTP theory then you need it. EASA guys will already have the 14 exams same goes with other country license, you need the theory exam as it's a requirement.
Hello Cruise power!

I have a question.

You mentioned that the rating process involves adding a 737 rating to one's own license.

I'm curious about how this is possible, since normally the aviation authority of the country where the license was issued doesn't come to conduct the assessment.

My country needs rating check with our CAA checker and did written exam.

So, this case CAE can handle it? We will soon depart to dubai for the test and they said we're qualified.

I'm little worried about it. If it can't attach our foreign liecense(Not GCAA)....

Then CAE get permission from CAA or get checker from our country?

Thank you. And sorry for bothering you...