PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA pilot grounded over undisclosed anger
View Single Post
Old 22nd Mar 2024, 11:25
blind pew

Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts
A lot of rubbish posted re Stan Key..you guys should read the thread.. Staines, UK 1972, June 18th.
It would now be classed as a “training accident” with foolish procedures, an untrained second officer who was forced upon captains at the time under threat of suspension and wasn’t legally qualified.
I was bullied and humiliated by a manager in the middle of the crew room a few months after the accident having asked to be replaced as I was bullied on the flight deck by a little jock ex Sargent pilot who had been posted down from Scotland after 2/3rds of the experienced first officers had refused to fly with him although I didn’t know that at the time.
Part of the problem was ex short service pilots who were never offered permanent commissions running management; it continued for years and those who know the story of an infamous fleet manager suddenly disappearing off the scene aided by a posse of copilots threatening management and the authority with going to the press showed that nothing had changed in two decades.