PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Luton-10
Thread: Luton-10
View Single Post
Old 21st Mar 2024, 22:02
Local Variation

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Alloy
Having just used LTN for midday flights with infants in tow for a change all I can say is what a miserable experience the airport was despite arriving two hours ahead of flight. Midterm drop off by taxi as close as taxi driver could get to terminal. Walk in the rain from midterm drop off to bus stop that had no shelter to wait for overcrowded bus that initially takes you further from the terminal to turn around, Walk in the rain from bus drop off to terminal. Bag drop off counters unable to accept bags that other airports can thus requiring taking bags to excess baggage. Endless taped off chicane maze just to get to security despite being a quiet time of day. Last call boarding call made almost 40 minutes before departure. No escalator or lift, only an assault course of many flights of stairs with pushchairs to get to holding pen with no seats for allocated gate. Standing in rain to board aircraft via stairs. Made the whole LTN airport experience all very grim and unfit for purpose with young children, I’m sure the experience for any other physically challenged passengers must be similarly grim. Next flight I’m probably going to vote with my feet again and take the train to LGW despite LTN only being down the road for me.
Yep fully concur.

Sympathy for the airport re the car park. But how is that structure still standing so long after the event with vehicles still in situ? Who is in charge, Captain Slow?

Awful customer experience getting to the ‘new’ pick up point. Walk much further and I could have raised a serious amount for charity.

Building works in the departure lounge showing little to no progress since November last year. Lack of screens dotted around to conveniently see departure status.

And for the umpteenth time, the vast majority of passport e-gates not working on Tuesday night.