PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Edinburgh-4
Thread: Edinburgh-4
View Single Post
Old 21st Mar 2024, 09:26
Sk1schoolsam

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Planeraz
Isn’t one of the advantages of pre-clearance for both non-US and US citizens, that all can just walk straight to baggage re-claim and not have to pass through immigration when they land in the US? Depending on what time and which airport you arrive in to, even US Citizens can be held up clearing immigration.
I agree that from a US passenger’s perspective this would be viewed as an advantage. Also arrival at a domestic terminal enables easier onward connections, both for passengers and baggage. (I would imagine a significant proportion of the inbound flights) If I read the article correctly then baggage will not need to be collected to clear customs (this will have been done pre boarding).

From my experience last year US citizens faced significant queues at immigration (for example at JFK)

IMO IF it were to happen it would be really positive for EDI- I just don’t understand the negativity in this forum towards this.
The worst it can do is drive further overdue investment in the existing bursting infrastructure.