PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA pilot grounded over undisclosed anger
View Single Post
Old 20th Mar 2024, 23:07
Squawk7777

Location: formally Alamo battleground, now the crocodile with palm trees!
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation

Originally Posted by BoeingDriver99
Sounds like a cabin crew with an axe to grind and there are literally thousands in BA.

Why go straight to the CAA? Why make a conspiracy theory like claim that records have been removed? Why go to the DM of all “newspapers”?

Sounds like it’s a character assassination of a pilot who stood up to a BA mainline purser for once in their life. Sad state of affairs. I hope the pilot involved sues the DM and the individual involved for libel/slander as appropriate.
What are the legal character protections in the UK or at BA? What about accusing a colleague of being alcoholic? Are BA and/or the CAA automatically revoking ones medical fitness?

We're all human and are exposed to various types of stress, which doesn't necessarily only boil down to divorce. When I was MIA based, I have known a few guys who were quite happy to get rid of the other half, so they had complete freedom to enjoy life south of the border.
My biggest personal stress was the unexpected passing of my father. Although it has been almost five years, I am still in the process of accepting his death. I have become quiet on the flightdeck, which some first officers might interpret as me not liking them.

As far as emotional outburst go, you don't have to show angry outburst to be an a$$hole. There are a few pilots at my airline that can attest to that, a common indication though is those characters voluntarily wearing their hat (optional). Some guys are just weird, just before I got promoted to LHS I flew with a few older skippers who believed in the Sasquatch and wouldn't stop talking about it every time we flew to MAO. Others believed the mothership was hiding in the CB cloud and requested additional lateral clearance to not anger ... nevermind. But those guys with their weird beliefs turned out to be really good pilots although I am not sure they would have passed the airline psychological exam.